Monday, May 26, 2008

My Last Best Friend !!!! ( Julie Bowe ) part 1

Pages 1-25
Ida May, a nine-year-old girl, has a best friend that moved away. Her name is Elizabeth Evans. Ida, now, feels lonely. She tries to be far away from others students in her class. She thinks nobody can be her best friend like Elizabeth. Jenna is one of Ida's classmates. She always makes fun of Ida and Elizabeth. But when Elizabeth moved, only Ida is made fun of by Jenna. It makes Ida feel tired and she becomes far away from her classmates and kids in her neighbors.
Her parents help her to make friend with other students, especially, Jenna. Because Jenna is a famous girl in the town. He appeared in some town magazines, she is beautiful, smart and learn well. She is also a daughter of the school's PTA president. But Ida really hates Jenna. Jenna can not be her friend. And we also have Stacey, she is a new comer. She is so friendly, she tries to make friend with Ida, but Ida always doesn't smile back.


My respone: This is my second book. Its name is "My last best friend". The main character is Ida May. I think she is in adolescence, so maybe she has many strange feelings. Her bes friend moved away, and she is far away from other students.
Nothing really is special in the first part. I think this book is funny. Words that author used in this book are simple and funny. I imagined Ida's face when she tried to not smile back to Stacey. It makes me laugh a lot. This book is suitable for juniors and parents. It helps us know more about young children's feelings and thinking in their world.

No comments: